By Chuck Dominick, President
The Royal Oak Pickleball Club has been renamed Southeastern Michigan Pickleball Association to expand our focus to a bigger geographic area. Southeastern Michigan Pickleball Association (SMPA) is now a Michigan nonprofit corporation and on April 11, 2016 was granted 501(c)3 status by the IRS.
President: Chuck Dominick Vice President: Gordon Statz
Treasurer: Elaine Danas Secretary: Nancy Adair
Board of Directors: Nancy Adair, John Collier, Nancy Robertson and Marilyn Holladay
For an annual membership of $10, you’ll become a proud sponsor of the following events in 2017.
- SMPA maintains and repairs the courts at both Royal Oak Pickleball complexes.
- We provide instruction and equipment to offer pickleball as an activity for the students at Upton Elementary school which is a Title 1 school
- We plan to organize a pickleball Special Olympics event for the Michigan Special Olympics at the pickleball courts in Royal Oak.
- SMPA annually provides beginner lessons at Pat Sullivan Whittier Pickleball Complex and Upton courts in June.
- We will continue to work with communities to develop pickleball programs in Southeastern Michigan.
- Plan to introduce pickleball to both students and adults in the City of Detroit.
- Will continue to run three pickleball ladders in Royal Oak.
- And we will continue to run our premier tournament in August.
Your annual dues are good through May 31, 2018. Please donate $10.00 or more to help promote pickleball in our community.